A Role Model


I know that four pairs of young eyes gaze at me for model and two pairs of matured eyes for support. Because I go to college and mostly because I kept their pride well perched till now, it’s obvious for them to rely on me.

But what concerns me utterly is these four pairs of young eyes: my two younger brothers and sisters. As the eldest and brother, they trust their heart in things I do and don’t. My younger brother, he weaned from meat since I am a vegetarian.

Two pairs of matured eyes, my dear parents, they rest their breath on me because I am their eldest son and I reflect the best they hope from me. However, due to these same reasons, there simultaneously rise walls that jam my younger siblings.

I am a different person, raised in a different time, blessed with different qualities and sent most probably for a different purpose. So, what I am now is only best towards that end.

They are different from me, so are their time, qualities and purposes. What is best for me and what I do best won’t be at all good for them, rather these would prevent them even in the things they are best at. This would ultimately take joy out of their lives. Otherwise, this would be hard on both me and my parents.

I tell this because we love our siblings. Keeping the elders and successful ones as their models and forcing them just to imitate the old footsteps would be a poisoned-medicine if these models are not towards the same dream the siblings have.

I trust my parents, because they raised me irreversibly well, would take the other four children individually as total new persons, know their potential and guide them; not burden them by praising me and my achievements for these might prevent even greater achievements of them.


I too hope my siblings would be cordial and truthful about their true potential with parents. This would ease the onus of raising them and themselves to full potential. 


ILiveLove

Comments

  1. nice one Jigme! I'm the eldest too! but I rely on my brothers for all the inspiration, and have no idea, whether I'm a good model like you're andtrust me! your parents gonna do justice to all of your siblings! and like you aptly put it recognize their potentials and don't burden them! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comforting works, Dee Chentd. I hope, true knowledge of their children and true confession to parents from children happen in the complete globe. I just wish to have a good and healthy life and world. I have a feel that you are a very good model, please be that always.

      Delete
  2. I believe what you mean to say here...... keep up dude ... your brillisnt insights should grow and never let it die in times to com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bro. There should always be a rational discernment practiced before anything is excercised, because even good means for one would be a bad option for the other.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving through Tears

Her one message and my waiting heart

‘The privatisation of medical facilities in Bhutan will ensure prompt health services.’