Your Turn !!!

He pushed hard the door open and walked the carpet without removing his shoes. He heavily sat into his bed grumbling something I couldn’t catch. I was too busy into my work but still I felt his wave of raging anger. I didn’t know why he was angry.

He threw his books beside his pillow and went to rice-cooker. He noisily opened the lid and slowly replaced the lid. Moments later, he opened the curry-cooker’s lid and then he roared.

“Jigme, you even haven’t prepared dinner.”

I knew he would be glaring at me. So to escape it, I just focused my sight on the laptop screen. I felt uneasy and the typing speed rapidly declined. “I was busy doing my work. I couldn’t prepare so,” I answered slowly but firmly.

“What! Are you checking me temper?” he snapped. He stood up and then came charging at me. My heart beat fast and fingers shivered. However I sat still with head held low and palm rested on the laptop. Heart beat faster and I then prepared to fight back if he attacks me. I gritted my teeth and slowly dragged my hands close to my chin. I was ready.

He brought his hand hard on my shoulder. I stood up angry. The chair I sat on fell back with a huge crash. I turned to face him, one on one.

He was with inflated cheek and in an instant he burst into an uncontrollable laughter. He rolled over the floor with one hand pressed over his stomach and other hand raised and index finger pointing at me.

“Ahh… Karma,” I said, stomped my feet on the floor and sank back on my chair. “Why do you play such a serious humorous game with me? You could even get enough punches for this life.”

And we shared a hearty laugh. Tears rolled out of my eyes. My stomach hurt, yet we laughed. Someone peeped into our room but didn’t come. He might have thought we were half cracked and gone back.

When no energy was left for us to laugh more, he dragged himself and sat against his bed. I dragged to my bed and sat. We sat there huffing and puffing, smiling at each other.
I stood up. “Let’s feed our empty stomach. Come let’s prepare our dinner.”

“You said you are busy, didn’t you?” he teased me with raised eyebrows as he rose to prepare dinner as I said.

“You took seriousness out of my work,” I said and added, “and you should pay the price by preparing the dinner though it’s my turn.” I sat down before my laptop and pressed the power button for it went to sleep while our drama took place.


Karma dragged his feet noisily out of the room into the kitchen to prepare the dinner.

ILiveLove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving through Tears

Her one message and my waiting heart

‘The privatisation of medical facilities in Bhutan will ensure prompt health services.’