Leadership, from an inward-eye


“Education is the mother of leadership,” so says Wendell Willkie. And I totally believe in it. Today, as I stand here amongst my colleagues of RIM, I am rather more than happy. Nearly two decades of education we had and this has groomed a leadership in all of us. Even more significant is that they all proved it and are here, the promising leaders of the country.

I was trying to think how lucky I am, but just couldn’t measure it. What came in my mind then was, “Why can’t I develop my leadership with all these leaders?” We can be of huge help to each other towards advancing our leadership. Can’t we?

Ralph Nader notes “I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” I know that we all believe in ourselves that we all are leaders. Just that our capabilities are different. But that’s a huge opportunity to contribute towards wholesome development of our leadership.

In this process of development, we can simultaneously make a huge stay here at the institute and even we will have contributed lots towards it as the year draws to an end. We would have proved ourselves, individually and as a whole. These two components are two of the most crucial characteristics of a true leader.

I would want this to happen as a leader, besides carrying out the mandates of a trainee with utmost loyalty and cooperating in promoting our welfare. Till now, I have been a leader of fewer words but more action with integrity, dedication, innovation, creativity, cohesion, trust and care. I have been active in social services too at Sherubtse College and other places.


Benjamin Disraeli says “I must follow the people. Am I not their leader?” This shall be my guideline throughout this one life. I would like others be that leader. But we will even have to endeavor in becoming the concerned people, people who puts in real effort. As a leader, we should know the best for people. And to have that quality, being ourselves the people is an indispensable requirement. 




ILiveLove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving through Tears

Her one message and my waiting heart

‘The privatisation of medical facilities in Bhutan will ensure prompt health services.’