This hasty morning


Morning always appears but today, the rays of the sun that stole through the window welcome me shyly. I smile and yawn with energy. The room is golden and I feel queenly as I walk towards the window.

The window gives a GOOD MORNING creak when I open it. I see my reflection on the window glass and spot my disheveled hair. I lean out through the window breathing calmly and deeply. The cold breeze plays with my hair as I run down my fingers through my hair to mend it.

I smile once again as I see the mountain far beyond clad with snow.

“It’s winter now,” I conclude.

I hear a snore.

“Oh!” I exclaim within and turn back to see my roommate still deep into slumber.

I run towards her and rock her awake. She rubs her eyes lazily and then suddenly stares at me as if she saw the Gorgon.

“I didn’t prepare for the class test and it’s already eight!” She looks at me with the sight that says “You didn’t wake me up!”.

This morning is too heavenly for her to be exasperated, I think. But I cannot tell it to her; she is too busy rushing through the pages of her book. If told, she would yell all her anger and worries out and never forgive me. Her shaky fingers that are flipping the pages horribly would charge and frighten me.

She suddenly lifts her eyes off the book, darts it onto the wall clock hung by our small alter at a corner and springs out of the bed. I watch with complete shock and awe.

She gets dressed in a minute. Then she goes before the dressing mirror, picks up the towel hung by it. She then brushes and wipes her face. After giving a rough touch to her eyebrows, she picks up her pen hurriedly that the pencil stand with assortments topples and falls on the floor.

“Sorry, I’ll arrange it when I’m back,” she murmurs at me and rushes out, leaving the door open behind.

Suddenly I remember not having wished her luck. I run to the door and shout with my right hand held high “Do it well.”

“Ya ya I will,” I hear from the ground floor.

I go back to the window and, my God! I see her already hurrying along the road.


Looking at the sky, I send a long sigh and think “What a morning!”

ILiveLove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving through Tears

Her one message and my waiting heart

‘The privatisation of medical facilities in Bhutan will ensure prompt health services.’