Indeed, I am surprised at myself !

“hi” (This is my friend Jigme)

“Hi” (And this is me, his friend, Jigme. Yeah, we have same name.)

“how r u”

“Good. You?”

“gud. gotta ask u sth”

“What is it?”

“a gal is chatin wid me. she is askn fo a gud frn of mine. Gav ur fb name”

“That’s ok, but did she tell why?”

“she sad she wnts a frn”

“That’s alright”

“she sims to b a nice gal. chats wel”

“Ok,” I typed and immediately a notification came. I clicked on.

It read “Boom Helen sent you a friend request”.

“she sad she snt de frn riqst”

“Is her Facebook account name Boom Helen? If it is, I accepted it”

“ya, nw chat wid her.”

My heart starts beating abnormal. I feel uncomfortable. This is the first time I am in such a situation, so obviously I am nervous. But why should I be... this nervous?

She is just wanting a friend, Jigme! I shake my head to sense.

I don’t  know why my mind is behaving so … crazy today. Ok, Jigme, you are making a new friend. So, be it and be a good guy as always.

However, my heartbeat is speeding up.

A beep, and message notification comes up. It’s from her.
I click it and chatspace opens up.

“hello”

I cannot reply. Not right now. I click the chatspace title bar which has her name. Her wall loads. Suddenly I realize I was fidgeting with my finger and biting my lips. Man, why am I doing this! Arrghhh …

FRIEND, Jigme, SHE IS A FRIEND! Alright. . .  a sigh . . .

I am visiting her profile. Her profile picture is good, yeah, good. Am I looking, am I trying to judge her? Darn it! No, I am just searching for some info which would help me interact with her.

Ummmm . . . she is from Trashigang... wow, same district. And first year student at Sherubtse College . . . far better now, she is in the college I graduated from last year. A wonderful college.
Quite confident now, I go back to chatspace.

“Hello there. How are you doing?” My fingers are still very hesitant.

“M doin gud. You?” Man she seems to be straightforward.

“Me too.” I am not being able to bring a question here.

“Jigme gav me ur name.” She IS outspoken.

“Yeah, he told me. So, you are studying as Sherubtse?” I feel a bit settled now, a bit proud too, for having asked that.

“Yes, in 1st yr” Truthful.

“Great, even I studied there.” Feeling much lighter now.

“wen did u graduate frm here?”

 “Last year. So, studying well? Hope you are doing that.”

“ya, m tryin.”

“Trashigang gai giwa la mai?” I ask her in Sharchop: “You are from Trashigang right?”

“Gila, nan?” She answers boldly, meaning “yes. You?”

“Jang bu Trashigangpa rang gila.” I answer saying even I am from Trashigang.

I wait for another message. It doesn’t appear. No beeps. Is there a net problem? No, because below the last message I sent appears “seen 9:45pm”.

She is not typing message. Do I have to panic over it? Do I really have to? I don’t think so, because even I don’t have a topic to bring up. It is good put a halt. Seems even she ran out of dialogues.

I breathe deep and let it out with a sigh. My eyes are closed.

A beep.

My heart beat jumps up. I look at the chatspace. There isn’t a message. I dart my eyes over top left of my laptop window and there is a message notification. Click. And it’s from friend Jigme.

“she sas she is not able to chat with wid u”

“Oh, me too. I ran out of what to speak.” I type with shyness.

“arite. gtg n sleep. Hav to wak arly tomorw”

“Goodnight bro”

The green point on top-left of chatspace with Jigme goes off. He is offline.

I click the chatspace with her. I am thinking . . . no, actually I am not. I am just stupidly staring at it. Blank.

I tap my left foot and slowly type “Goodnight”

With a beep, her response pops in. “gudnite”

I wish I wrote “Catch you later” after that goodnight. But it doesn’t matter. I somehow I feel we will chat again; that too, very soon.

A kind of ticklish shock runs through my body. I press Esc and the chatspace closes. And I log out from Facebook. That’s not doing any good. I feel like to log in again.

Alt + F4.

Enter.

And the window shuts down. I quickly fold the laptop and play an imaginary piano.

. . . Boom Helen . . .

I just cannot wait to chat with her.

She is looking for a friend


Whatever! I am feeling different today. Oh.. tomorrow... please....




ILiveLove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving through Tears

Her one message and my waiting heart

‘The privatisation of medical facilities in Bhutan will ensure prompt health services.’