Oh that Respect

On the black-topped road
That was once a fortress of dusts,
I tidily walked towards school
That treasures my memories of youth.
I feel a stranger as it rises,
So many years might have passed.

Towards my left a group of students
Murmured and stood with greetings
‘Kuz Zangpo la Sir’ they bowed.
They bowed to me, oh man!
In uncommon awe I stopped.
Words formed lumps, I just smiled.
Couldn’t face them, I walked forth.
Why this respect? Question rained.

My sister, she is beautiful as mom is.
The new uniform is really becoming.
I see me in her, studying there,
Bright and powerful in all arenas.
Her friend shared a hot talk,
That I looked a teacher to her
With appearance and ambience I wore.
Answer settled in clear and correct.
That respect touched my heart,
How into deepest it strikes when
Even a new face greets with depth.

It drove me humble to sweat to
Please thousands hearts near and far.
While I might not really a teacher be
I would be it in thousand other ways.
Oh that respect evoked my sense
Into valuing our Bhutanese values. 



ILiveLove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving through Tears

Her one message and my waiting heart

‘The privatisation of medical facilities in Bhutan will ensure prompt health services.’